Best tips for Pi7 S2
Apr 2, 2023 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

m4rkw

100+ Head-Fier
Got the Pi7 S2 and I absolutely love them. They're bloodying annoying to use but all is forgiven for that sound!

The stock tips aren't the most comfy, I had some Symbio Ws lying around which are comfier but don't seal as well so I lose some of the low end.

Not a fan of comply I find they irritate my ears.

Any other recommendations for tips to try most welcome

Apr 2, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #2 of 9
Not specifically for the Pi7 but I'm a fan of the Final E tips--they work for anything that doesn't need a wide bore.

In those other cases, the Dunu S&S tips.

Not a personal fan of comply or SpinFit.

Apr 3, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #4 of 9
Azla tips didn't fit but the Final Audio Type E just about fit, they look like they're not supposed to fit but they do, are super comfortable and sound great, no loss of bass like the Symbio tips. Very happy, thanks for the tip :D

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 9
Jun 9, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #7 of 9
On a lark, I tried a pair of ML size JVC SpiralDot++ ear tips and was pleasantly surprised to find that they fit perfectly, the buds charge fine and the case closes properly, and (most importantly for me) the wider opening at the front of the tips increases the soundstage and smoothes out the low end just a tad. As a result, the midrange is pulled forward and everything sounds slightly more balanced. It reminds me quite a bit of the Px8 with the bass dialed down a notch or two using the app's EQ. The fit is also more secure for me (I no longer need to periodically adjust the left bud in particular).

It's elevated these buds from great to excellent—the only thing I'm left wanting is perhaps more ANC and battery life. Impressive to see how transformative tip rolling can be for these very capable true wireless IEMs.

Oct 6, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #8 of 9
I was also very happy with these after seeing your recommendation thanks! Today I just received the older version of these - EP-FX9ML-B - from Ali Express and have been comparing them, the differences are subtle but this FX9 version seems slightly more neutral. Mids are more prominent, bass is very slightly recessed, soundstage seems a bit more open and airy. Haven't decided which I prefer yet but the FX9 are no less good than the FX10 just different, may be better suited for people who prefer a more neutral sound profile.

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #9 of 9
Nevermind, I ordered the FX9s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back