Best Tablet for Audiophiles
Nov 30, 2018 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Hal Rockwell

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for an audiophile tablet. Sort of an equivalent of LG V30 but bigger, like 10 inch full HD screen or more. Preferably, Windows 10, but Android will work too. Please, no iPads!!! If it has a detachable keyboard like ASUS transformer or a swivel one like Lenovo yoga, it will be a great bonus.

I found an old thread about audiophiles on the forum but it's seriously outdated, like 2013 or so.

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #3 of 12
I'm looking for an audiophile tablet. Sort of an equivalent of LG V30 but bigger, like 10 inch full HD screen or more. Preferably, Windows 10, but Android will work too. Please, no iPads!!! If it has a detachable keyboard like ASUS transformer or a swivel one like Lenovo yoga, it will be a great bonus.

I found an old thread about audiophiles on the forum but it's seriously outdated, like 2013 or so.
Try Samsung Tab S4, 256 GB internal memory and has the greatest AMOLED screen of them all, 10.5 inch.

Feb 16, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #4 of 12
Jul 18, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #5 of 12
Jul 18, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #7 of 12
I think that makes sense if your files are lossless. And you use an app like UAPP. But it doesn't make sense using UAPP with non-loss list Spotify, even if it is 320-kbps. It seems if you aren't using lossless why not just use the headphone out? I may be missing something though.

Jul 19, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #8 of 12
I use tech tablets website, that reviews chifi tablets /laptops. I find a good convertible cheap windows 10 laptop that detaches into a tablet and I use that (surface pro clone ).
You can get for under $400 with the tablet part, not sure with the keyboard included. Also depends what specs you want, I usually want the m3 style cpus. I left mine on a plane sadly, but I really liked it for comics. Just attach a portable dac and you're good to go. Or dongle or whatever. Windows is far easier to work with than Android.

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #9 of 12
Sorry.
I would use it as ebook reader and playing tidal with or without uapp, so I think the best size was about 8"
I've search some info and possibilities was:
Xiaomi MI Pad 4
Amazon fire HD
Lenovo Tab 4 8 plus
Some nice suggestion please?

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #10 of 12
I'm resurrecting this thread. I've been wanting to tablet my car audio into my auxiliary for a long time. I bought an ifi go blue and a balanced cable for my cars aux port. From Bluetooth to the DAC to my aux. It's pretty good. Not as good as my old LG phone. I've got some tablets to try on it, but so far I've not found a solution which sounds better than my old LG phones in my system (2 12inch kickers, lexus) the ifi will not work with anything else, so I'm going to try 2 more tablets. There is some feedback, which I didn't expect for +200$. So this thing might go back, while I shop for another LG phone. But the point was to run music off a tablet in the car...hmmmm...any suggestions?

Apr 17, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #11 of 12
I'm resurrecting this thread. I've been wanting to tablet my car audio into my auxiliary for a long time. I bought an ifi go blue and a balanced cable for my cars aux port. From Bluetooth to the DAC to my aux. It's pretty good. Not as good as my old LG phone. I've got some tablets to try on it, but so far I've not found a solution which sounds better than my old LG phones in my system (2 12inch kickers, lexus) the ifi will not work with anything else, so I'm going to try 2 more tablets. There is some feedback, which I didn't expect for +200$. So this thing might go back, while I shop for another LG phone. But the point was to run music off a tablet in the car...hmmmm...any suggestions?
How about a windows table with a Sound blaster G6 on it? It uses USB 2.0 and if the tablet is powered then it's really compact and would sound great. The direct mode is really good or it supports virtual surround 5.1 or 7.1 through the line out also. The command software has an equalizer and other options too.

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #12 of 12
Sorry.
I would use it as ebook reader and playing tidal with or without uapp, so I think the best size was about 8"
I've search some info and possibilities was:
Xiaomi MI Pad 4
Amazon fire HD
Lenovo Tab 4 8 plus
Some nice suggestion please?
I use Windows, so I probably don't want an Apple product. But I admit, I know nothing about this, so I'm hoping you guys have some insight.

I don't imagine I'll use the brightest tablet for anything else, so my main requirement is a large enough screen to make reading while playing as easy as possible. My eyes aren't getting any younger...
I was thinking of getting a tablet to use when I play with a group of friends. I want something for sheet music and tabs. Up till now I've been using either my laptop or I just print it to paper.

I use Windows, so I probably don't want an Apple product. But I admit, I know nothing about this, so I'm hoping you guys have some insight.

I don't imagine I'll use the tablet for anything else, so my main requirement is a large enough screen to make reading while playing as easy as possible. My eyes aren't getting any younger...

Thank you for your opinions and recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back