Best possible portable audio playback
Jun 25, 2010 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

makuab

New Head-Fier
I have a zune HD 32GB and ATH AD700's 

Im wondering, what can I do to maximize my sound quality, it sounds good, but im looking for something better. If I got some new headphones would it sound better? For example http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106358, should I go for some earbuds? what would some good earbuds be?  Im using the audio jack on the Zune and im playing music from the zune store. The only earbuds I have are the ones that came with the zune, I dont really have anything to compare them to. Also, how much volume is too much volume, like to a point where it can damage your hearing? Thanks in advance to any answers :) im a bit new to the audiophile stuff.

what is the absolute best player and headphones and where can I get really good quality MP3s?

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #4 of 6
If you post this in the portable headphones forum, you will probably get an answer. Regarding "best possible" portable audio, you probably wanna write a check to a Mr. Jerry Harvey, and write a number with lots of zeros after it.....

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 6
If you want to get great sound but are not conerned with the weight of the portable units, I would buy the Stax SRDX Pro and The Stax Lambda Pro Headphones.  They are available on ebay from time to time.  The SRDX Pro holds eight CC batteries and will give you 50 hours of use.  You can even upgrade to a better set of Stax Pro headphones if you like.  You won't be disappointed in the sound.  Scottsmrnyc

Jun 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #6 of 6
mini stax dont hold a candle to good portable dac/amp and JH13/16 IMO, let alone JH3a (FWIR) which had many full size stax owners swooning. you would also be stuck with whatever source you can feed it. dont get me wrong, certainly fast and open sounding

though somehow I dont think the OP is prepared for what this is going to cost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back