Best 'One Click' CD Ripper?
Sep 27, 2004 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Illah

1000+ Head-Fier
I want a simple, easy, nothing to learn CD ripper that can produce some stellar results. Doesn't need to be FLAC, but high bitrate LAME MP3 is a must. Any suggestions?

I'm too busy to go through a five step process to encode everything
biggrin.gif

--Illah

Sep 28, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #3 of 13
EAC is pretty good - just set it up. After you've set it up its only a matter of putting in the cd then pressing alt+g for cddb titling and then shift+f5 for ripping in compressed mode. couldn't be much easier...

Sep 28, 2004 at 5:43 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by grox
EAC is pretty good - just set it up. After you've set it up its only a matter of putting in the cd then pressing alt+g for cddb titling and then shift+f5 for ripping in compressed mode. couldn't be much easier...

you dont even need to press alt+G you can make that automated too

and you can just click the MP3 button on the left too
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by xantus

and you can just click the MP3 button on the left too
biggrin.gif

^^^ That's what I do.
smily_headphones1.gif
Then it truly is a "one click" operation!

Sep 28, 2004 at 5:46 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by xantus

Would you please post the procedure for doing this? Now watch soon as I ask it will be so simple that I once again will feel like a dolt.

Sep 28, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by shimage
EAC is good. There's also CDex. Some people find that one or the other works better for certain discs. I don't use windows, so I wouldn't know...

CDex is a great free ripper, but EAC is the better program for getting the higher quality rips. EAC seems to be the preferred program for the demanding audio enthusiasts, but CDex would work fine for most people who just want something simple and don't need the absolute highest quality rips.

Sep 28, 2004 at 7:18 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
Would you please post the procedure for doing this? Now watch soon as I ask it will be so simple that I once again will feel like a dolt.

Open "EAC Options" then click the "General" tab, and then go down to where it says "On Unknown CDs" and click that box and then you'll see on the left it has a button you can check that says "automatically access freedb database"

There you go.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 7:21 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyena
Open "EAC Options" then click the "General" tab, and then go down to where it says "On Unknown CDs" and click that box and then you'll see on the left it has a button you can check that says "automatically access freedb database"

There you go.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks. Well I don't feel too stupid; it is a 3 click operation!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back