Best Mac Audio Player?
Oct 26, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #20 of 25
Oct 27, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #21 of 25
I've been using Audirvana and have been creating no-audio proxies so that Itunes handles my library. So far, its the best system I've tried cause Audirvana sounds superior to everything ive tried and the Itunes library management is wonderful since I can control my library on my phone! 

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #22 of 25
Just curious here, have you tried the Pure Music player for mac? It has the features you mention. I use it with an external dac and amp , plays flac (and everything else hi-rez or not) and uses itunes library. Switches bit rates and file types seamlessly. It was recently updated with new features too.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #23 of 25
Assuming the output is bit-perfect, why should any software player sound better than any other? I know they do but I don't understand why. I use JRiver and think it sounds better than anything else I've tried but I still don't understand why. I haven't tried anything that relies on iTunes because I detest everything about iTunes.

All I'm looking for is great sound and it must have a folder tree view.

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #24 of 25
I suggest to everyone looking for high quality music player to try VLC. All other free or paid (in some instances too expensive) audio players sound muddy and luck definition and clarity when played trough an external DAC. In my case Spitfire DAC trough an optical input.

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #25 of 25
I suggest to everyone looking for high quality music player to try VLC. All other free or paid (in some instances too expensive) audio players sound muddy and luck definition and clarity when played trough an external DAC. In my case Spitfire DAC trough an optical input.

Interesting VLC has been dropped from the Apple Store for ios8. For awhile it was harder to find but now completely gone for FLAC playing on i devices. Maybe it will come back as it has come and gone before. I found a generic free FLAC player for iPods which seems to sound pretty good. Still VLC was cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back