Best home cans
Mar 24, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #61 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wrong again. The definition of "troll" is an ugly creature that lives under a bridge and eats children who attempt to cross.

Yeah...we already covered that in the K701 thread. You're an internet troll. Pretty much the same thing though.

Then again, since you're supposedly some brilliant university level Logic professor audiophile extraordinaire...you would already know that.

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #62 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are my "fun" headphone.

Exactly. He's obviously an insanely delusional "audiophile", since his ears can't tell the difference between a "fun" and "reference" headphone.

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #63 of 88
I particularly hate self proclaimed "audiophiles". I would never call myself an audiophile unless I gained bat-like hearing.

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #64 of 88
Audiophile just means you like audio, it doesn't say anything about your abilities. Imo audiophile's are mostly disturbed people, who don't care about music at all, but just about nitpicking and spending money on equipment, and then telling everybody how good it is, to not only convince them, but also themselves. And intoart is to be ignored at all times.

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #65 of 88
It is fun to pester him; to an extent.

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #66 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having been an audiophile for decades, I mostly just recognize great sound when I hear it, without analyzing too much.

The best description I can think of of perfect sound includes bass at lifelike levels with all the subtleties of tone, octave-to-octave balance, with no frequencies emphasized or deemphasized, extreme resolution of detail with neither graininess nor excessive brightness, pinpoint imaging within a huge soundstage, and (most difficult to put into words) a sense of "presence" that makes every instrument sound real (especially acoustic instrumaents.)
The DT770 Pro/80s meet every one of those criteria.

The DT770? you have to be joking. When I try listening to those it sounds like shards of glass are being forced into my ear canal by the boomy bass. They have never provided me with a great listening experience. "great sound" for you is crap for me. Everyone is different. My HD580 gives me the best listening experience.

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/drop https://twitter.com/drop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
Mar 24, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #68 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by tdogzthmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The DT770? you have to be joking. When I try listening to those it sounds like shards of glass are being forced into my ear canal by the boomy bass. They have never provided me with a great listening experience. "great sound" for you is crap for me. Everyone is different. My HD580 gives me the best listening experience.

Sorry that you have such a painful medical condition. I have never had the feeling of shards of glass being forced into my ears, and it seems quite unpleasant.
You cannot blame the 770s, though, since they do not have "boomy bass". On the contrary, they have extremely tight, clean, detailed bass with no boominess or muddiness whatsoever.

Mar 24, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #69 of 88
Can I have some of what you're having? I'd be done buying audio gear then.

You weren't as much of a nuisance back in February, what happened?

Mar 24, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #70 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah...we already covered that in the K701 thread.

Then why are you making the same false accusation again? Are you a pathological liar, perhaps?

Mar 26, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #73 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't like them tbh. I have DT220s, which from what I've read about the DT770 sound almost the same. They are WAY too bassy, but blue tacking mellowed it out a bit.

I can't help but wonder how much of the "excessive, boomy bass" complaints regarding the 770 (I'm assuming you're referring to the Pro/80 version) are a result of bad synergy between the 'phones and the amp and/or source driving them? Or, for that matter, how much of it involves production variations?

In my own setup, I find my 770 Pro/80s' bass to be very well-controlled, and not at all boomy or muddy. Cello, double bass, pipe organ, tympani, bass drum, tuba, bassoon, bass clarinet, electric bass guitar, and bass human voice all sound like they should - and the bass doesn't get in the way of the midrange and treble. The sound I'm getting is very clear and well-defined.

That being said, I would not recommend using these cans with a bass boost from an amp or equalizer!

I do think that Beyer should have given the different 770 variations different model numbers e.g. 770, 771, 772, etc., to prevent confusion.

Mar 26, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #74 of 88
I don't really know about others, but I think I'm bassaphobic. If I think my K271s are bassy, which are considered bassless, then I must have a problem.

Mar 26, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #75 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my own setup, I find my 770 Pro/80s' bass to be very well-controlled, and not at all boomy or muddy. Cello, double bass, pipe organ, tympani, bass drum, tuba, bassoon, bass clarinet, electric bass guitar, and bass human voice all sound like they should - and the bass doesn't get in the way of the midrange and treble. The sound I'm getting is very clear and well-defined.

Glad to know that I am not the only one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back