Best headphones for competitive gaming for around (or less than) £200
Mar 30, 2015 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

davebruno

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, 

Bit of an annoying day, I ordered some ATH-AD700's (original yesterday with next day delivery) got an email today as they apparently didnt have stock even though the website suggested they did. now I've got a dilemma as I cannot find anywhere legitimately stocking them anymore.

So I have been trying to decide between AD700X (next day delivery) and AD900X (they're a little more price but affordable but would have to wait past the bank holiday weekend for delivery. I'm very open to other suggestions as most the info on here I've read puts the AD700's highly but not really many direct users of AD700X reviewing them for gaming. 

My main query is if the AD900X's would be inferior for pure competitiveness due to them having slightly better base. I purely want to hear footsteps (I use an original astro mixamp and also own a 2013 one (hissy though)) and secondly do fakes exist? because I can buy from Japan and Korea on ebay for almost half the price and wonder if I should avoid these or not..

Thanks for any input whatsoever and sorry for asking questions I try to lerk in the background and find my own answers but I've gotten a little off put by them cancelling my order on my first choice.

Dave

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 5
Forgotten to mention I play CoD: AW at the moment (aweful game I know but the only one with much competition currently) and play console both X1 and PS4 although X1 more competitively.

Thanks!

May 6, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #4 of 5
Rather happy with the Ad700x's although I did return the first lot after finding a much cheaper deal, the lack of bass does help the eq with footsteps and I have to say they're rather good with music although from waht I have read I ought to try something even better for music..

Cheers,

Dave

May 19, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #5 of 5
Have you considered the Sennheiser HD598s?  Amazing soundstage and dynamics for gaming.  Supremely comfortable too and easy to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back