Best DAP for streaming (only) - interface, wi-fi stability, ease of use, etc.
Feb 27, 2024 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Robster1958

100+ Head-Fier
Obviously I don't want bad sound, but after some experimentation, I determined the most important factors for me are ease of use, navigation, portability, battery life, fit and finish. I would also like as many streaming services native to the device -- which I am realizing is too much to ask. I don't care about storage. I do care about lagging operating systems.

And I really care about a stable dual band wi-fi connection which seems to be an afterthought for the players focused on stored playback.

I would like enough power to drive Senn 660S as well as IEM's.

I like the SQ of my A&K SR-25II, but the interface is sluggish, hard to navigate and just cumbersome to use. Maybe I want one of those LG audiophile cell phones for a couple years ago!!

The Sony 707 caught my eye, but it seems like you trade ease of use for Google prison. How about the HiBy R6 ? Also, need some Android obsolescence protection, and price under $1,000. Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 7
Obviously I don't want bad sound, but after some experimentation, I determined the most important factors for me are ease of use, navigation, portability, battery life, fit and finish. I would also like as many streaming services native to the device -- which I am realizing is too much to ask. I don't care about storage. I do care about lagging operating systems.

And I really care about a stable dual band wi-fi connection which seems to be an afterthought for the players focused on stored playback.

I would like enough power to drive Senn 660S as well as IEM's.

I like the SQ of my A&K SR-25II, but the interface is sluggish, hard to navigate and just cumbersome to use. Maybe I want one of those LG audiophile cell phones for a couple years ago!!

The Sony 707 caught my eye, but it seems like you trade ease of use for Google prison. How about the HiBy R6 ? Also, need some Android obsolescence protection, and price under $1,000. Thanks!
Ibasso dx260 or fiio M15s. Both terrific in all the ways you seem to want.

Feb 28, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 7
Ibasso dx260 or fiio M15s. Both terrific in all the ways you seem to want.
I was a little concerned that the M15s is semi brick-like <???>

Feb 28, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 7
Anything but AK.

Feb 29, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #5 of 7
I grabbed a hiby r6 iii during their black Friday sale, and have nothing negative to say about this dap. I mainly listen to it at the office, either listening to music on my sd card or streaming Spotify. I can’t a difference between the A & AB amp, so i use the AB amp, and can easily get 8 hours of playtime on low gain. Haven’t even messed with the MSEB settings, but absolutely love the dynamic setting plug-in’s.

Sure you are gonna get ppl telling you need to spend more money to get a better sound, but to my ears, this device is sufficient for me, and that’s all that matters.

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:55 AM Post #6 of 7
+1
Hiby R6III is super fast and therefore perfect for streaming.
It has a lot of systemwide sound settings so can be adjusted to your liking.
The screen is not the best but good enough for a DAP.
If you want best performance/sound to price ratio this is it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back