Best bass earbuds for $100?
Oct 26, 2014 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

AustBart

New Head-Fier
New to the site, just looking for some earbud advice. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for good bass earbuds.

Budget: $100
Source: Android (S4)
Music: hip hop, dubstep, techno, r&b

Just looking for something I can use when walking to school and at home, looking for overall good sound quality but a little more emphasize on bass. Thanks!

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 14
Grain Audio IEHP if you're really an absolute bass-head.
Audio Technica ATH IM70 if you're just looking for a warm pair of earphones.
Shure SE215 is another option if you want a warm set of earphones.

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #3 of 14
Thank you for the reply! I was looking at the se215's earlier, and they look like an overall pretty solid pair of earbuds, my only concern is the over the ear style as I am used to the conventional style.

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 14
Thank you for the reply! I was looking at the se215's earlier, and they look like an overall pretty solid pair of earbuds, my only concern is the over the ear style as I am used to the conventional style.

I had the same feeling when I got my first pair of over-ears, but once you figure out how to get them in, they're quite comfortable. I actually prefer over-ear nowadays since it cancels out wind noise. 

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #5 of 14
Yeah thats what I heard that it takes some time getting used to. I think I might pick up the se 215's, are there any others I should consider that would be a little higher priced that might be worth it?

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #6 of 14
Yeah thats what I heard that it takes some time getting used to. I think I might pick up the se 215's, are there any others I should consider that would be a little higher priced that might be worth it?

There's the RHA M750i, which are relatively bassier than other headphones in its class. It retails for $130. There's also the Yamaha EPH-100SL ($112), another bass-y headphone, but I can'y say it's the most comfortable to wear.

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #7 of 14
I suggest Audio Technica IM50 over IM70 and SE215.
tlThey are lot cheaper - you can buy $15 replacement cable, because Se215 and im50/im70 cable have annoying memory wire.
soudwise im50 sounds better than se215.
If You want basshead level amoubt of bass - Audio Technica CKS99 or CKS77X is best choice for You, what i have heard.

Oct 26, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #11 of 14
Hm. Definitely a lot of choices to consider. I would purchase either the se 215's or the IM50's instantly but I am quite hesitant of this over the ear style..

As you go further up the tiers of IEMs, there's going to be more and more over-ear headphones. It's simply a more ergonomic and secure design, which allows you to wear them for longer periods. It took me less than 10 minutes to get use to them, I have a feeling it won't take you long either. 

Oct 26, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #12 of 14
The cks77x and the IM 50's are the two that im stuck between. Im thinking the im50's will have overall better sound quality but less bass and the cks77x's might have better bass and less sound quality.

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #14 of 14
  I had the same feeling when I got my first pair of over-ears, but once you figure out how to get them in, they're quite comfortable. I actually prefer over-ear nowadays since it cancels out wind noise. 

Not applicable to everyone.

I can't physically wear in-ear earphones, I've tried quite a few different ones and I'm not the only one. They don't physically fit so some are left with only the option of earbuds for convenience. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back