Best balanced amp under 500?
Feb 21, 2024 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

shortyg83

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for an amp that is better than my Schiit Magnius. I was going to get a Jotunheim 2, but I am curious if there is anything else I should check out first.
Requirements are balanced and single ended output. And must have a balanced out preamp to run my studio monitors.
It will be run off a Bifrost 2/64.
I am ok with preowned to get something higher end.

Feb 22, 2024 at 5:13 AM Post #2 of 4
I've got several and they measure and sound so similar it's down to digital volume control for perfect channel matching and noise floor on the 50mv test on ASR.
I use a Topping A30Pro and this one has .1db channel matching but it varies on unit to another. The Sabaj A20h is excellent too with digital volume and handles 5v input.
The A70 Pro is one i had recently and it's got a feeling of unlimited power on balanced. Just down to aesthetics and features with the SINAD arms race making many of them sound so similar.

Feb 22, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #3 of 4
I am looking for an amp that is better than my Schiit Magnius. I was going to get a Jotunheim 2, but I am curious if there is anything else I should check out first.
Requirements are balanced and single ended output. And must have a balanced out preamp

I've got several and they measure and sound so similar it's down to digital volume control for perfect channel matching and noise floor on the 50mv test on ASR.
I use a Topping A30Pro and this one has .1db channel matching but it varies on unit to another. The Sabaj A20h is excellent too with digital volume and handles 5v input.
The A70 Pro is one i had recently and it's got a feeling of unlimited power on balanced. Just down to aesthetics and features with the SINAD arms race making many of them sound so similar.
The A70 pro looks really interesting, but I can't find it for sale anywhere in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back