Berkeley/Oakland surroundingarea meet 9/4 impressions!
Sep 15, 2004 at 7:32 AM Post #31 of 35
Just to let y'all know, I still am planning to do a fairly small write-up! I have some things written down. Now all I have to do is write a little more, and compile the rest.
smily_headphones1.gif
Again though, I had sooo much fun and I only wish we could all do something like this every single weekend...of course without all the hastle of moving the gear.
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2004 at 1:07 AM Post #32 of 35
The trouble with hosting is that you don't get to listen to as many things as you would like and for as long. Thanks for all the detailed impressions from everyone, helps me get a listenlist ready for the next time we meet.

The pay back in my case was that people left stuff here. Especially notable was that Chinchy left almost a whole line of Grados here! Got to check them out for almost a week before he missed them. Really enjoyed the HP-1000's. Thanks, Chinchy for the extended loan! Also thanks for proving to me that very low Bass can be directional, I'll never forget that, fun when "rules of audio" get broken by common sense!

Zep, did you ever resolve your hiss issue?

mikenet: Very nice first post

AyT, hope you keep those R-10's for awhile, definitely would like to get some more listen time on those!

Simon: really would like to do that A-B with you sometime with our old/new MPX3's

NeilPeart, Zoide, raif, blessingx: Not much to say, because you guys say it all and very well.

Still trying to drink up all those sodas you guys left- utep10, we're going for a Patron Anejeo!

Sep 21, 2004 at 4:31 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjew
AyT, hope you keep those R-10's for awhile, definitely would like to get some more listen time on those!

ya, I am keeping them for a while (haven't sold any of the cans I bought so far since coming to Head-Fi), and I'll have a nice SinglePower SDS to power them with in a month or two.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2004 at 8:47 PM Post #34 of 35
I'll have to try and make the next one. You guys aren't really complete until there is a k501 present at the meet.
wink.gif

Oct 13, 2004 at 9:56 PM Post #35 of 35
This meet was long ago, and I should have spoken up sooner, but was hoping they would turn up on their own.
I lost my CD's from this meet. I don't remember all of them but these are the one's I remember having:

Donald Fagan - Kamakiriad
Seabiscuit Soundtrack
Earth Wind & Fire - All N All
Suzanne Vega - Nine Objects of Desire
Maybe one or two more.

Bob, I still owe you. If there is a NorCal meet in Nov. I'll bring some Patron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back