Benefits of increasing driver venting?
Jun 29, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 3
In order of preference:
Get a different headphone. The simplest solution is often the best as they say.

Get a nice EQ. This is not really that much more complicated than the first. This paired with option 1 can yield outstanding results at a reasonable cost.

Spend endless hours searching out the unknown with unpredictable and occasionally irreversible results. This is quite fun and the rewards from putting something together that sounds good are huge so I would encourage it if you can afford to tweak and tinker. The problem here is that there is a chance of outright failure and (at least from what I have seen) very few people are able to even recoup their parts cost on a DIY modified headphone unless it follows a well documented upgrade path (and even then it can be rough).

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 3
It's not mine, I'm just trying to balance out the spectrum. I'm tinkering around with it and found that sealing off all the vents (effectively becoming a closed pair of headphones in creases muddiness so I'm going to cut out portions of the grill and test it that way. And then some blu-tak to damp the driver and maybe some polyester stuffing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back