Ben Harper
Oct 23, 2002 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Zin_Ramu

100+ Head-Fier
Well in a similar vein to fyrfytrhoges’ “a personal thankyou to music forum posters”, I wanted to thank all the members who post here regularly. Now that I have my first headphone system complete, I’m afraid to look at any of the other forums because it might spur the upgrade bug. But to give back I thought I’d give a recommendation of an artist I love, that I’ve haven’t seen mentioned on the music forums yet.

Ben Harper is one of my favorite singer/songwriters. He has mellow, folk singerish type style that combines soul, blues, and rock. I first heard him 4 years ago on some PBS special concert, and have since bought all his albums. Some people may be familiar from his awesome slide guitar work from the Jack Johnson song “Flake”.

While he has 4 studio albums, I’d recommend picking up his live album “Live from Mars”. It has some of his best work from the 4 albums and contains a few awesome covers, including the “The Drugs Don't Work” (one of my favorite songs ever, from The Verve).

While he may not a very “important” artist, the music is beautiful and covers everything from love to social issues. When I’m a mellow mode and want something to with a little bit of groove and soul, Ben never disappoints.

Zin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back