Bela Fleck & the Flecktones
Sep 13, 2015 at 7:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Cathcart

Previously known as frozenpopsicles
Any other fans of Bela Fleck & the Flecktones here? I enjoy their music very much. Victor Wooten is an excellent bass player.

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 9
Many in the know regard Victor as best on the planet.  I would not go that far because there are just too many talents out therebut Top 5 is a very reasonable statement.

"Live Art" is my favorite from the band.  So diverse.  The band has a unique sound and very talented.  Chick Corea plays on this record and has endorsed this band quite a bit as a formidable force in music.  Bela is widely known as top1-3 banjo players in the world.

Sep 24, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 9
Many in the know regard Victor as best on the planet.  I would not go that far because there are just too many talents out therebut Top 5 is a very reasonable statement.

"Live Art" is my favorite from the band.  So diverse.  The band has a unique sound and very talented.  Chick Corea plays on this record and has endorsed this band quite a bit as a formidable force in music.  Bela is widely known as top1-3 banjo players in the world.

I agree, Bela can be considered one of the best banjo players in the world. It's just a shame that the band is no longer active...

On another note, it's very interesting to look up the solo projects of each band member and then see how their individual styles all come together in the Flecktones records.

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 9
I think Bela is in hi demand as a session player on a lot of jazz projects.

The jazz industry gives him tons of respect and I think he just assume stay in that genre where he see's best fit..

Like their music or not, they are really talented players and composers.  Much like Bruce Hornsby.....another monster talent.

Oct 20, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #8 of 9
I often use Flight of the Cosmic Hippo when auditioning new cans - Sooo much bass, real bass (ie not a computer but a magician with a guitar).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back