Being sick is ruining music
Sep 19, 2018 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

neoclassical

New Head-Fier
For the past 2.5 weeks I've been getting dizzy, coughing, and my ears were really stuffed. Music and headphones have been an annoyance and even painful. Last night I ended up in the ER with pneumonia -maybe sitting on my porch at night caught up with me. I upgraded to a Cayin N3 during this time and although I can tell by spec and by what listening I've been able to get through it is a great player, but I still can't truly enjoy music right now. It feels like when you have a stomach bug and you end up hating the last thing you ate because you think the food made you sick.

Sep 19, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 8
I have allergies so mine is constantly changing. Usually just the bass response.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #6 of 8
Sounds like covid be careful and be safe, delta variant ear ache is a common symptom

Sep 8, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #7 of 8
Another reason why I’m getting the flu shot is because I hate being sick.

When I was in high school I caught a pneumonia. WOW….It was devastating !

There was that feeling of death and I had to cancel my plans of seeing a concert…..which as a live music lover, I found to be unacceptable and disturbing but I had to because I was so sick.

So that’s my story of how being sick ruined music.

Edit:

Also years later I had a ticket to see jazz artist Diana Krall in Atlantic City but I also had to cancel from being too weak from a really bad cold. Fortunately, it’s actually rare that I get sick and I did see Diana Krall at a future date in another city.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #8 of 8
Your mind and body has to be in best shape for your senses to sense the best. So, it's natural for body to be the healthiest for it to sense or hear things the best way possible. It's the most important, but probably most undermined aspect of hearing as an audiophile.

I tend to listen best after an intense cardio session. Casual walk won't do. It has to be intense which cleans out your blood vessels. There is a big difference in how you feel from intense cardio vs just normal walking. Walking is nothing. Once your body goes through intense cardio, your body feels clean in how it functions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back