Before I finalize my wishlist, Little Dot MK 1+?
Nov 23, 2008 at 3:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jfindon

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to get one for my Zune 80 + Grado SR225s and I'm not sure how it'll sound.

Honestly, I can't even stand listening to my Zune by itself after plugging my 225s into my Logitech speakers, and someone here told me that an amp will sound even better. Is that true? I'm not sure how that works. Plugged into the jack on my speakers there is a lot more bass than my Zune, which has almost none.

I found the MK 1+ on Ebay from another company who says they're in direct contact with LD. They have a new one for a lot less so I was going to go with them. I just want to make sure the MK 1+ and my SR225s will "play nice" and sound as least as good as they do through my Logitech speakers.

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 6
Sorry to have left comments relevant for the I+ (hybrid), which I have just learned is different from the 1+ (portable SS).

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the input. I'm not going for a tube amp though, just the MK 1+ because it's not just to put on my desk, I'm going to take it with me whenever I go out.

As long as they'll sound at least as good as how they do with my speakers I'll be happy, because after listening to them through my speakers I don't even like using my Zune anymore, everything is too flat.

Nov 29, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfindon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, how about a more general question then: What kind of cable do I need to make this work with a Zune?

You can only use a Mini-to-Mini cable connected to the headphone out of the Zune. Unfortunately there are no LOD cables made for the Zune due to the proprietism of the dock connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back