Basic measuring at home
Mar 4, 2021 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

shaitan667

Head-Fier
I've been playing around with my Fiio M11 alot since I got it last week and have been really enjoying it.

I have rooted it, installed Airnur Narsil and JamesDSP via magisk.

This weekend, I would like to test and see if there is actually a difference using Narsil or not, as obviously I don't actually know if there is a difference or not.
I would like to say that the lower frequencies have been dialled down and the upper frequencies a bit boosted, but I can't verify this, and can't really do A/B listening to check.

I have a Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro Soundcard, including the external IO console, and was thinking I could record the analog out of the DAP before and after Narsil.

https://m.hexus.net/ce/reviews/audio-visual/3580-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-elite-pro/?page=2

I was planning on doing lineout to RCA to the IO console, and then maybe doing a waveform comparison between the two recordings.

Do you think my method is valid?

Would a series of different frequencies be sufficient to record and compare? Or music?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 2
I would like to say that the lower frequencies have been dialled down and the upper frequencies a bit boosted, but I can't verify this
If this is the only thing that you want to look out for, recording the output with your soundcard should be enough. However, instead of comparing the waveforms of the recordings, I recommend looking at their spectrums because it's much easier to notice these kind of differences in the frequency domain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back