Balanced Cables for HD800?
Jan 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pjw241142

100+ Head-Fier
I have seen a SAA cable for the HD800 at the same price as the headphones, which does seem slight lunacy from this side of the pond as it is not even balanced in the versions for sale at the moment!

I have a balanced desktop amp with DAC and would be interested in Headroom's thoughts on aftermarket cables for the HD800s? Do you have any price/quality points in mind yet so that we can unleash the full capability of the HD800s in balanced mode?

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw241142 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have seen a SAA cable for the HD800 at the same price as the headphones, which does seem slight lunacy from this side of the pond as it is not even balanced in the versions for sale at the moment!

I have a balanced desktop amp with DAC and would be interested in Headroom's thoughts on aftermarket cables for the HD800s? Do you have any price/quality points in mind yet so that we can unleash the full capability of the HD800s in balanced mode?

Same question.

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw241142 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd rather HD800 stock cable terminated as balance as additional stuff.

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #4 of 5
The first cable will be a modded stock cable, I assume.

I'm fairly sure we will produce an aftermarket cable and it's price is likely to be comparable to the HD650 cables...possibly slightly higher as the Lemo connectors are somewhat hard to work with.

Sorry I've nothing more solid than that at the moment.

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #5 of 5
This is an old thread, but if anybody is looking, I'm wondering if there is any update? I'm looking to get a balanced cable for my HD800.  How good is the stock cable when balanced? How does Cardas cable (moderately expensive) compare to say ALO (very expensive)?

Many thanks for any tips,
 Paolo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back