Bad experience
Dec 8, 2009 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
I ordered a pair of PK1's about 6 months ago. I've used them very little but kept them in the black tube case in my backpack. The right driver went out and I contacted head-direct about it. They were quick to respond and advise my of the 1yr replacement warranty. I sent them in in the black tube but was advised not to include the box and accessories.

The pair I got back have the lettering rubbed half off and they did not come back in the tube. I emailed head-direct and was told they can not send the tube back to me and I was advised not to include it. I was under the impression I was not to send the gold box, ear pads, 1/4" adapter, but ok a misunderstanding on my part... i guess. These are expensive for earbuds and if a product is being replaced under warranty I expect to get something that shows the same or less wear than what I returned and I certainly expect to receive a higher level of service than to be told "tough" when I ask for the case I sent them in to be returned to me. I mean at least tell me "hey we're sorry but we told ya so, let's split the shipping and we'll send another one out for you".

This will be my last purchase from head-direct.

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 5
actually i think the service depends on who you talk to. just yesterday, i posted the same question to 2 different person at head-direct, one is to the customer service (via email) and 1 is to nankai. the question was if there was combined shipping if i buy 2 amps at the same time ( normally, there will be from most shops). The customer service told me that there won't be, while nankai gave me a 10usd discount.

i gathered that you dealt with the customer service, and you should probably pm nankai about your problem. don't let this one experience ruin your impression of head-direct, because from my experience, they're a great shop to buy from.

Dec 8, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Head direct is what I think a 2 man show. Someone for the 50 states, and someone else for the international. Or they split it somehow. OP I'm not sure who you spoke to but my first dealing went great. I got the OK2 and asked for the softer more comfortable PK pads or foamies to be added. He threw in like 10 pair. 20 pieces for free. That was extremely nice of them. I did end up returning the OK2 and got the PK2. Had about a 11 or so day turn aroun. For the new pair. I did email them when they recieved them to check the status and only heard back when they shipped a week later so I was worried. But so far all went fine. They are still currently burning in but sound great, and my new TF10 are getting a lot of the play time

overall I would buy from again. I want the 252

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a pair of PK1's about 6 months ago. I've used them very little but kept them in the black tube case in my backpack. The right driver went out and I contacted head-direct about it. They were quick to respond and advise my of the 1yr replacement warranty. I sent them in in the black tube but was advised not to include the box and accessories.

The pair I got back have the lettering rubbed half off and they did not come back in the tube. I emailed head-direct and was told they can not send the tube back to me and I was advised not to include it. I was under the impression I was not to send the gold box, ear pads, 1/4" adapter, but ok a misunderstanding on my part... i guess. These are expensive for earbuds and if a product is being replaced under warranty I expect to get something that shows the same or less wear than what I returned and I certainly expect to receive a higher level of service than to be told "tough" when I ask for the case I sent them in to be returned to me. I mean at least tell me "hey we're sorry but we told ya so, let's split the shipping and we'll send another one out for you".

This will be my last purchase from head-direct.

Sorry to hear your story. Please understand that in holiday season the shipping guy have much more packages to deal with. Basicly our shipping department are working under standard procedure. We need to improve those procedures to keep our customers happy. Please PM me your address so that we will mail you another small black tube.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Dec 11, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to hear your story. Please understand that in holiday season the shipping guy have much more packages to deal with. Basicly our shipping department are working under standard procedure. We need to improve those procedures to keep our customers happy. Please PM me your address so that we will mail you another small black tube.

I completely understand that and admit that I probably should not have included the case, I just would have liked to have been told I could receive a replacement, even if I had to pay the shipping. At any rate I appreciate your your response and will shoot you a PM. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back