AXEL GRELL HEADPHONE
Sep 25, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #31 of 496
GOOD MORNING ALL!
Grell's just released some trailer for this!
It is a collaboration between Grell and DROP. Quite hyped up now.

Here's the trailer, the phone will be released at CanJam SoCal this weekend in DROP's booth with Axel's presentation🤘🤘

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cxn4iCeRN4w/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Between this and the just 'semi-announced' Austrian Audio Composer headphone, it's gonna be one hell of a CanJam in SoCal this year!! :L3000:

At this rate, the mythical Sennheiser HD 900 should be announced any minute now!! :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #32 of 496
A little unrelated, but saw this teaser in the new Grell Audio webpage ... what are they cooking for High End Munich 2024 ...

1695666871783.png

Sep 25, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #33 of 496
Between this and the just 'semi-announced' Austrian Audio Composer headphone, it gonna be one hell of a CanJam in SoCal this year!! :L3000:

At this rate, the mythical Sennheiser HD 900 should be announced any minute now!! :sweat_smile:
Sadly I'm from Far East, our equivalent event of CanJam has gone. No big release that excites me except Madoo Typ 821...

I don't think HD900 would release soon, even if they released HD900, it would be underwhelming. Grell's talk years ago saying Senn's shutdown on Research department might be my hindsight here.

Btw I'm new to Grell's work, only knowing HD series, IE series, HEAVYS and his consultancy with Neumann(Sennheiser). I wanna know more about him tho.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #34 of 496
Btw I'm new to Grell's work, wanna know more bout him tho.
He is the Mastermind behind Sennheiser HD800 and the legendary He1

Sep 25, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #35 of 496
He is the Mastermind behind Sennheiser HD800 and the legendary He1
Haha that might be obvious tho, I might have to correct a bit on my wordings here:

Some earlier works before HD600 and some thoughts on audio engineering. He seemed quite different with Sean Olive in some ways (Pardon my ignorance here... I'm new on Head Fi knowledge and science!)

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #37 of 496
This is quite exciting news for me. Over the years, I’ve owned many different brands of headphones, some of them High-End and, I still prefer the Senns HD600 & HD650. I can’t wait to try the Grell OAE1 Signature/ Drop headphone. Does anyone know how many ohms this HP will have ?

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #38 of 496
I just made a post on Reddit a couple of days ago questioning if driver placement like this might help with forward stage and the ability to actually produce surround (I think you'd need some sort of isolation/damping between the two drivers so it didn't just sum to a single audio signal sounding like it was coming from the sides like normal driver placement)

Excuse the terrible paint drawing 🤣 It's meant to be headphones not an ant wearing glasses.
2eKwVoz.png

So you can colour me intrigued when I saw this. Wonder if it wasn't such a crazy idea after all and it does do what I expected, with a more speaker like forward centre presentation?

Edit: Apparently I can't read as someone already said that's the case. Well now I'm doubly interested.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #39 of 496
I just made a post on Reddit a couple of days ago questioning if driver placement like this might help with forward stage and the ability to actually produce surround (I think you'd need some sort of isolation/damping between the two drivers so it didn't just sum to a single audio signal sounding like it was coming from the sides like normal driver placement)

Excuse the terrible paint drawing 🤣 It's meant to be headphones not an ant wearing glasses.
2eKwVoz.png

So you can colour me intrigued when I saw this. Wonder if it wasn't such a crazy idea after all and it does do what I expected, with a more speaker like forward centre presentation?

Edit: Apparently I can't read as someone already said that's the case. Well now I'm doubly interested.
Mate check out HEAVYS H1H! Axel did designed H1H as a Wireless Over Ear with multiple drivers with many benefits including improving stage, which you mentioned. He placed tweeters in front of the ear and subwoofers together like normal over ears. Idk much about acoustic but the design seems like the next big thing. Until now, only Technics and Axel designed multi Dynamic drivers Over rar headphones and it seemed like a sin for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back