AV-710 line in recording issue
Dec 3, 2004 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ed_bollix

100+ Head-Fier
After extensive searching and reading I am just going to give up and ask a question I know has been asked before. I want you all to know that I did search and read most of Mr. Radar’s excellent AV-710 post. When I use the line in on my 710 I get a very thin, ringy (?) and distorted signal. I am recording to the 710 from a Sony MD that I have used for this purpose in the past without incident (not on this computer). I have tried a number of different cables and output levels from the Sony. I had to disable the High Quality output on the 710 to get the Line in working so I think I have the stuff all hooked up right.

In the past I got a good enough signal from the Sony to rip CD’s of my band live to sell at gigs. I really need this to make a demo my band desperately needs and I have spent a lot of time on it. I have also tried 3 different recorders; MusicMatch (I know…) and another one that was recommended in the thread about this issue that I can’t find now.

Thank you all in advance and thanks for being sure I never have any extra money.

Dec 4, 2004 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 4
no one??? I know there was a thread about this... just can't find it.

Anyone?

Dec 4, 2004 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 4
You must ensure that High Samplerate was never activated, because the second a sound is played @ higher than 48KHz the recording facilities go fubar. Activate regular 2ch mode, reboot and try if it works then.

Dec 8, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #4 of 4
That did the trick... I had never rebooted after switching it before.

THANKS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back