AV-710 drivers
Jan 3, 2005 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GR22

New Head-Fier
I cannot get any set of drivers to work for this card. I read the posts and got the 1.43 drivers from VIA, but in fact no drivers will load. Each time I load drivers I get the message "data is invalid". I'm running XP Home and I guess there's something on my system interfering with installing these drivers? I have a GA-7VAXP mobo with AMD XP02200+. The on board sound is pretty bad, hense the AV-710. When I first built this system, I tried to install my Sound Blaster Live-Value and never got that to work either, and just gave up. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Jan 3, 2005 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 6
This might not be of any help but have you tried setting the card as the default device because if you are running the onboard as well that is likely still the default so unless you set specific programs to use the chaintech all sound will go through the onboard sound.

Jan 3, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 6
Maybe you need to disable the onboard sound before you try to install the sound card. I don't see what difference it would make, but it might help you.

Jan 3, 2005 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 6
Those are good suggestions, but in device manager the card is showing with a question mark. Windows just won't seem to accept the drivers. No matter which drivers I try or how I try loading them, I get the message data is invalid.

Jan 3, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #5 of 6
The only other thing i think i would try if it happened to me would be to try the later drivers, if that didn't work try a different pci slot and then as a last resort format and reinstall everything. After that i would probably fiddle with the bios see if something had been switched off, otherwise I don't have a clue sorry.

Jan 3, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wookie
After that i would probably fiddle with the bios see if something had been switched off, otherwise I don't have a clue sorry.

Fiddle with the bios first but make sure to write down all changes you made. Google on configuring bios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back