Audiophile OTG Splitter
Dec 16, 2021 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

keenears

100+ Head-Fier
It doesn’t seem like the hobby attracts romantics, because I can’t seem to find a fancy splitter to match all my fancy cables and gear.

Did I miss something?

Where are the 6N silver litz rhodium-plated, cryogenically-treated etc etc etc 3.5mm or 4.4mm splitters with independent attenuation switches and independent volume controls? I’m not joking because, of course, different listeners have different ears with different headphones of different ohms and sensitivities.

It would also be useful just for switching back and forth between headphones for comparison purposes, but mostly it’s fun to work near someone in a loud space sharing the same music

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #2 of 2
I commissioned a high quality 21awg silver Y-splitter from Trevor at Norne audio for $75 per piece. I cannot perceive any sound degradation whatsoever

Like you I have tried to find a high quality cable solution with individual volume control, but as far as i know there are none.

The other kit I use is a Presonus HP4. It's a small amped unit with four 1/4 inch headphone outputs each with individual volume control. I use this to A/B test and for co-listening with different cans. It can get loud, though the sound signature is lean overall. It's meant for studio mix monitoring. It can be daisy chained to allow even more than 4 users, which is nice. It's also relatively inexpensive. Input is 1/4 inch only though, not RCA or XLR-4.

Happy listening

Users who are viewing this thread

Back