Audiophile Companies REALLY Love Mythology-Based Product Naming
Mar 7, 2021 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

qboogie

500+ Head-Fier
*Migrating this from the general discussion area*

Has anyone else noticed the trend of naming countless gear and products after Greek/Roman/Norse mythology, and when those are exhausted, they start picking terms from the classic literature (even Tolkien) and powerful historical figures.

Off the top of my head I can recall

Schiit's products - Loki, Ragnarok, Magnius, Lyr, Mjolnir, etc
Norne - Draug, Vykari
Satin Audio - Olympus series, Titan series, Athena, Chimera, Medusa, Zeus, Hyperion, Cleopatra, too many to name
Effect audio - Eros, Ares, Thor, Leonidas
Eletech - Iliad, Socrates, Plato
Kennerton - Thror, Wodan, Vali, Gjallahorn, Magni
Vision ears - Elysium
Empire ears - Valkyrie

Noticeably not a lot of love for Hindu or Egyptian mythology.

I'm waiting on some upstart company to start referencing Neil Gaiman or George R.R. Martin.

Imagine the Noble Audio - Drogo, with the IEM shell embedded with specks of sand and horsehair, covered in melted gold and a water resistant rating of IP22, which is equal to that of an electric socket.

Mar 8, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 3
yeah this trend is so dorky lol

i just stick with SONY and STAX with their nice alphanumeric naming schemes (even if it sometimes gets confusing)

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 3
yeah this trend is so dorky lol

i just stick with SONY and STAX with their nice alphanumeric naming schemes (even if it sometimes gets confusingi th
Campfire has a cool scheme of naming their products, but come to think about it, it was still somewhat based in Roman mythology (Jupiter, andromeda, etc) and later more astronomical

Users who are viewing this thread

Back