Audiolab M-DAC plus with HDVA600
Jul 26, 2016 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sanadsaad

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone! I have very recently started building a headphone setup after years of listening to speakers growing up. As I started travelling more, a headphone setup became necessary. So I purchased the HD650 and later, the HD800. I am using a bottlehead Crack with speedball for valve and HDVA 600 as solid state. I had a dragonfly v1 but ive recently been looking at audiolab's M-DAC plus and the 8300CD. Although I do have CD's, I have them ripped to flac on my laptop. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has had the experience of listening to the M-DAC plus => HDVA 600 => HD800. My max budget is £1000.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 2
I've listened to this combination, and owned the HDVD 800 which I also paired with the M-DAC. This is a very nice combo if you like a resolving, high detailed sound, since the HDVD 600 and HDVD 800 amp section have a very refined treble presentation which helps the HD800 avoid harshness, while the DAC digs out spacial details and has a very nice attack which make it sound livelier and more three-dimensional than the stock HDVD 800 Dac. My M-Dac doesn't see much use since I use the Schiit Yggdrasil as my main dac now, so I'd be willing to let it go for a fair price if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back