Audio Technica Ath m50x sound problems with one side.
Jun 8, 2016 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

rjorge99

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I am new in this forum, and I really will appreciate your help on this. some months ago, I got an audio tehnica ath m50x, but after some months, i started to have problems with them.

The problem is that the right side does not have sound,some times it has and some time it does not. It looks like is not a cable problem, I tried the three of them and with all of them happens.

When it works... after some minutes, the sound starts to move to my left side, till the point where the right side does not have any sound.

Like I said, most of the time, only one side (the left one) has sound. And when both of them have sound,,, in some minutes, the left side starts to reduce the volume till im left with only one side working.

I will appreciate some thoughts and help on it.

Thanks.

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #2 of 9
Hi everyone,

I am new in this forum, and I really will appreciate your help on this. some months ago, I got an audio tehnica ath m50x, but after some months, i started to have problems with them.

The problem is that the right side does not have sound,some times it has and some time it does not. It looks like is not a cable problem, I tried the three of them and with all of them happens.

When it works... after some minutes, the sound starts to move to my left side, till the point where the right side does not have any sound.

Like I said, most of the time, only one side (the left one) has sound. And when both of them have sound,,, in some minutes, the left side starts to reduce the volume till im left with only one side working.

I will appreciate some thoughts and help on it.

Thanks.

Are you locking the cables into the ear cup? There is a tiny notch right under the headphone jack that locks into the tiny ear cup termination spout when you put the jack in and turn it.

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #6 of 9
Do you have another source to try them out on?

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #8 of 9
Thats really odd, usually sound would just cut out on one sides if there was a wiring problem. If you have a multimeter you could check your resistance on each channel.

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #9 of 9
Your headphones are defective sorry but if you tried cables and a different source that leads just one thing left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back