audible difference between ad8620 and ad8610?
Aug 28, 2002 at 9:22 AM Post #16 of 16
IMHO the only reason to use the 8610 over the 8620 is like Aos sed in Dual mono Applications or in the case of my newer versions of my Orig Amp that uses separate cap multipliers and current sources in each channel. otherwise in somthing like the META42 there is no difference since both channels are powered from the same source. the Crosstalk on the 8620 is great well into the MHz. range and at that frequency the Coupling from the Powersupply Be it a dual or single Opamp is as great as the channel seperation listed for the 8620. I would like to point out that I have never been a fan of Dual opamps since almost every one was less well Behaved that the single version. the 8620 was one of the first exceptions to this and IMHO may well be due to the DI process used in these fine Opamps.

Eric343 i doubt that somthing better will come along in the near future. opamps have stagnated for about a decade, **** the OPA-627 is a 1980's device and is still considered good, Analog design is not like Microprocessors improvements do not happen every two years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back