Audeze's The King Headphone Amp on Indiegogo for 30 Days
Oct 17, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #76 of 88
Audeze now lists a "King Mk II" on its web site. It looks like the price has gone up $500 as well. Does anyone know the differences between the Mk I and the Mk II? Personally, I wish you had the option of adding a balanced headphone jack and a preamp out.

- twice the gain
- 60% more output power
- new grounding scheme for much improved signal-to-noise ratio

Jan 19, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #80 of 88
Has anyone had a chance to do a A/B demo comparing the original King to the new MKII? Impressions?
I sent the version 1 back to be upgraded to mkii ($500). I have had the mki from the beginning so fairly used to it. I can tell you the mkii has a lower noise floor (noticeable) and has much more power. I was turning the volume to 1-2 o’clock in many recordings and now rarely past 11. Mkii is a nice upgrade.

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #83 of 88
I just got my cherished MK I back from the upgrade to MK II. No regrets.
Blacker blacks, more visceral and spatial without inducing fatigue, if that makes sense.
Then again: de gustibus non disputandum
Having said this, if you enjoy music, do try. You may fall hard, very hard.
For me, the best $500 spent on this addiction of mine in 35 years.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”

Feb 16, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #84 of 88
Cool, right now I am debating between the Audeze King MKII or PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium HP. Anyone here have experience with both? I'm also a huge fan of Woo Audio amps but the Audeze King sure does sound special.

May 22, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #85 of 88
I just picked up one of these the other day and i was wondering if any of you have tried this amp with other headphones besides the LCD4 and what were your impressions. Thanks

May 23, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #86 of 88
I just picked up one of these the other day and i was wondering if any of you have tried this amp with other headphones besides the LCD4 and what were your impressions. Thanks

At the Canjam NYC 2017, I did an A/B comparison between my Fostex TH-900 and the LCD4 on the original King. The TH-900 sounds absolutely incredible with the King! With a high rez recording, it can sound like a real band is playing in the room. Very spooky. The TH-900 is easier to drive which seemed to give more exciting bass, dynamics, and of course they could go much louder. Overall, I actually preferred my TH-900s over the LCD4 even though they are both fantastic headphones.

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #88 of 88
is it discontinued now? It seems to be under your 'legacy' section.
It's in their legacy section, but it also is on sale for $3495. Perhaps they are closing out their remaining units?
I purchased one on Indy Gogo early, and returned it for work to get rid of some grounding hum problems, and even after the modifications, I was unable to operate it in several different locales without ground hum issues, so I had to return it. I'm a bit sad about that, as I ended up buying the Simaudio Moon top of the line headphone amplifier, and while it is very good (and dead silent), there is a sparkle or realness to the sound that I heard with the King that was special, and the Simaudio Moon has a bit less of that, at least with the LCD-X that I own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back