Audeze LCD-2 driver replacement or repair?
Apr 20, 2023 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nclondon

New Head-Fier
Hi all, my lovely LCD-2 one of the drivers gone faulty. The out of warranty repair with Audeze is expensive. Is there any cost effective way to get these fixed? Or is it time to say good bye to these?

Thanks for your help.

Apr 21, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #2 of 10
Hi all, my lovely LCD-2 one of the drivers gone faulty. The out of warranty repair with Audeze is expensive. Is there any cost effective way to get these fixed? Or is it time to say good bye to these?

Thanks for your help.
What do you like and not like about them? Music you listen to? Equipment?

Apr 21, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #3 of 10
What do you like and not like about them? Music you listen to? Equipment?
I love everything about these. The sound signature is to my liking as well. I mostly like rock, psychedelic rock and sometime easy listening. I have tried few different sources but the Colorfly U6 beats them all and these headphones shine with this lovely player. The only thing I don't like is the repair cost. I can pick up a second hand headphones for that price hence asking if there is any cost effective way to get these fixed.

Apr 21, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #4 of 10
I love everything about these. The sound signature is to my liking as well. I mostly like rock, psychedelic rock and sometime easy listening. I have tried few different sources but the Colorfly U6 beats them all and these headphones shine with this lovely player. The only thing I don't like is the repair cost. I can pick up a second hand headphones for that price hence asking if there is any cost effective way to get these fixed.
Would u buy used or use EQ?

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #6 of 10

Thanks for your help.
No. You pay Audeze to replace both drivers. LCD2 driver replacement is very reasonable all things considered.

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #8 of 10
Your out of warranty 2nd hand pair could break the next day for all you know.

Apr 24, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #10 of 10
Speaking for myself, I would always recommend the option that guarantees support. When you replace drivers through Audeze, you get renewed 3 years of warranty on them. 1 year on pads (as they have parts warranty, and must be replaced at time of driver repair service).

When you buy second hand, we honor warranty if the original seller gave you a copy of their invoice, which we will go by purchase date. However, if you do not have that, we go through serial number (manufactured date). So both these options like give you much less warranty period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back