Audeep 600 ohm Cmoj
Jan 11, 2020 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Fralle

Head-Fier
Hi,

I needed a portable headphone amp that could match with my vintage bonanza period. I'm mainly using my Sony DDIII walkman and would like to pair it with beasts around 300-600 ohm and I found this Cmoy from Audeep:

https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/576718309/cmoy-model-i-1w-portable-headphone

Not much written about it so I really took a chance, and not going with lucid labs or Jds. This is my first Cmoj so I can't really compare.

But I just listened to Springsteens album Western Stars recorded from vinyl to Type IV tape from the 80s and man did this sound like something... Real? I tested it with my Sennheiser HD650 and I gotta say that it was almost as if Bruce where sitting in my living room.

Only problem is that when you pair this with a Walkman you cant escape the "two volume knob problem" that I really hate. I can pair this with my LG phone and just crank the phone to max and then forget about it, just use the knob on the Cmoj. In case of the DD if I go up to ten we are talking distortion in a way that would make Iggy Pop go "that's to ****ing raw man!" so I have to start with the Cmoj about 1/4 and then turn the Walkman up slowly and stop just before I hear distortion. As you all know this kind of problem can easily take the fun out of listening cause you are just sitting there and listeing for distortion haha.

Anyway I'm surprised that I can't find a proper review of this little beast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back