ATH WS55 vs Pioneer HDJ500?
Dec 20, 2014 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ynoto

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, 

I am wondering which of the two models to buy. I have done some research and was left with the impression that the ATH have better sound, whereas the Pioneer are sturdier. I use headphones a lot - at home and outside too, for about 6 hours a day, I would say. Up until now I have been using both in-ear and on-ear Sony, the in-ears are great (I have had them for 4 years and usually fall asleep on them, but they are very robust), whereas although with good sound quality, the ear pads of the on-ear headphones tore up pretty fast and there are no replacements for them. I need something really good. Which headphones offer better isolation ( I know that neither is noise cancelling, but still) and have better quality? I was also looking at some of the AKG models in the same price range, but was not particularly impressed with them. I would love to hear your opinions. Also, if you have any other suggestions for different brands/ models, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance!

Dec 21, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi everyone, 

I am wondering which of the two models to buy. I have done some research and was left with the impression that the ATH have better sound, whereas the Pioneer are sturdier. I use headphones a lot - at home and outside too, for about 6 hours a day, I would say. Up until now I have been using both in-ear and on-ear Sony, the in-ears are great (I have had them for 4 years and usually fall asleep on them, but they are very robust), whereas although with good sound quality, the ear pads of the on-ear headphones tore up pretty fast and there are no replacements for them. I need something really good. Which headphones offer better isolation ( I know that neither is noise cancelling, but still) and have better quality? I was also looking at some of the AKG models in the same price range, but was not particularly impressed with them. I would love to hear your opinions. Also, if you have any other suggestions for different brands/ models, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance!

What kind of sound are you looking for?
What headphones have you tried and liked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back