Asus Xonar DG + JVC HA RX900 Setup
Sep 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vraze010

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

Total audio novice here. After much browsing, reading and searching these forums I recently made a few purchases for my gaming desktop PC.
I had some spare $$ recently, and decided to test new waters by actually buying a stand alone sound card and some decent headphones. I wanted to see if better quality audio hardware could make a difference to the level of immersion while gaming.

As the title mentions, I purchased the ASUS Xonar DG and JVC HA- RX900 a few days.

I have two big questions (I've tried searching these forums and the internet) that I haven't found satisfying answering to.
Please keep in mind that I'm primarily concerned about gaming with headphones.

1. How do I setup the Xonar DG Audio Manager (what kind of settings to use with a pair of headphones)?

2. Where should I plug the headphone jack (I have two options here: Directly into the Asus Xonar DG sound card or in the volume/bass control unit for my creative Inspire p580 speaker system)? Does it even matter?

I appreciate the time you've taken to read and reply to this query. I'm hoping I learn more about audio as my stay on these forums lengthens.

Thanks!

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #2 of 3
1 - Take a look at this. (im also member of Ocn)

2- Better to plug the headphones on the soundcard. The speaker hp outs are low quality generally. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Total audio novice here. After much browsing, reading and searching these forums I recently made a few purchases for my gaming desktop PC.
I had some spare $$ recently, and decided to test new waters by actually buying a stand alone sound card and some decent headphones. I wanted to see if better quality audio hardware could make a difference to the level of immersion while gaming.
As the title mentions, I purchased the ASUS Xonar DG and JVC HA- RX900 a few days.
I have two big questions (I've tried searching these forums and the internet) that I haven't found satisfying answering to.
Please keep in mind that I'm primarily concerned about gaming with headphones.
1. How do I setup the Xonar DG Audio Manager (what kind of settings to use with a pair of headphones)?
2. Where should I plug the headphone jack (I have two options here: Directly into the Asus Xonar DG sound card or in the volume/bass control unit for my creative Inspire p580 speaker system)? Does it even matter?
I appreciate the time you've taken to read and reply to this query. I'm hoping I learn more about audio as my stay on these forums lengthens.

Xonar DG setting.
Plug the Creative speakers into the back panel (green, black, orange).
Hook up the computer case's front jacks to the Xonar DG
Plug headphones into front panel headphone jack.

Audio channel....6-channel
Sample rate..... try 96Khz
Analog out...."Speakers" for Creative P580, "FP headphones" for the HA-RX900.
Gain to 32~64-Ohm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back