Astrodyne
Jan 30, 2008 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

n4k33n

100+ Head-Fier
How much will an astrodyne help my ultra microdac? I've heard you guys say that it would effect SQ that much, but on the website it makes it seem like they are almost necessary.

Jan 31, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm curious about this also. Would the astrodyne's make much difference with a ultra microdac and ultra micro amp? Would your Desktop Power Supply make even more difference? I kinda like the idea of one power supply for the ultra microdac and ultra micro amp together.

Buddy

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:57 AM Post #3 of 6
Since you have purchased the Ultra Micro Amp and Dac, I suggest you also purchase the DPS and get the maximum out of your excellent combo. The DPS is the only way you will get the most out of your setup. In the future if you plan to go higher up in the food-chain, you'll already have bought the DPS.

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 6
Howdy All,

The Astrodyne PS does offer audibly superior SQ when used with any Class-A device(s) like our HeadRoom Micro Amps and Micro DACs separates... Of course, there's no risk whatsover of causing any issues with the Micros using the provided AC wall-wart supplies -- but for maximized audio clarity, a 'quicker' dynamic range, a tighter more 'textural' bass response, and superb silky extension into the upper treble ranges, the upgraded Astrodyne PS comes highly recommended.

For uber-demanding audiophilic listeners looking to squeeze every last drop of SQ from their amp and/or DAC, the upscale HeadRoom DPS certainly remains the high road.
redface.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 6
I tried it with the ultra dac and amp, and I heard a noticeable improvement right away, no need to a/b, just sounded cleaner and more dynamic, better in every way. Totally worth the investment. There's no risk, if you think the improvement isn't worth the expense you can return it. I'm sure you won't though.....return it that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back