Astro MixAmp paired with another amplifier?
Mar 19, 2015 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GeneralProf

New Head-Fier
I've been extremely happy with my Astro MixAmp + Fidelio X1 setup for a while, though recently I've needed to get closed headphones to minimize noise leak.

What would I need to pair the MixAmp with another amplifier? If anyone has a similar setup - how would you get this to work?

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 4
  I've been extremely happy with my Astro MixAmp + Fidelio X1 setup for a while, though recently I've needed to get closed headphones to minimize noise leak.

What would I need to pair the MixAmp with another amplifier? If anyone has a similar setup - how would you get this to work?

You can usually daisy chain an add-on headphone amplifier to the headphone jack on the Astro Mix-amp.
FiiO E11K ($60).

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 4
I suggest something that will truly be significantly more powerful. I suggest an E9/12 at MINIMUM. The E11 will not help for the truly hard to drive headphones. Just remember, in order to achieve an appreciable volume difference, power specs must be DOUBLED just for a few db difference. So if you want, say 6-8db more than the Mixamp provides, you'll need something like 6x more powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back