Astell&Kern SE200 is a brick.
Mar 22, 2024 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

StuBaby

New Head-Fier
Hey folks,
Purchased 11/2020. Plagued with Battery problems after the 1st year. Won’t hold a charge. Music sputters to nothing despite meter showing 100% charge after 30 minutes of playing time and player blacks out. When plugged in for recharge, red bar appears on screen but it does charge eventually. No response from A&K concerning this issue over the years.

Today, I turned on the player after it being off for 3 months or so and was greeted with 100% battery; yea…right!

Was offered new firmware update, started the download, and left the room for a few minutes. Now SE200 is a brick. Plugged in to charge and get the 2s on, 2s off, white empty battery icon with lightning bolt in center. No flashing “A”, when I hold in the on button. The unit gets warm, however.

Has anyone had experience with this? I can’t find any info on how to open the casing to get at the battery. I do see where I can buy a replacement battery, though.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Stu

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 3
Hey folks,
Purchased 11/2020. Plagued with Battery problems after the 1st year. Won’t hold a charge. Music sputters to nothing despite meter showing 100% charge after 30 minutes of playing time and player blacks out. When plugged in for recharge, red bar appears on screen but it does charge eventually. No response from A&K concerning this issue over the years.

Today, I turned on the player after it being off for 3 months or so and was greeted with 100% battery; yea…right!

Was offered new firmware update, started the download, and left the room for a few minutes. Now SE200 is a brick. Plugged in to charge and get the 2s on, 2s off, white empty battery icon with lightning bolt in center. No flashing “A”, when I hold in the on button. The unit gets warm, however.

Has anyone had experience with this? I can’t find any info on how to open the casing to get at the battery. I do see where I can buy a replacement battery, though.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Stu
I suggest talking to A&K to get it fixed, then I suggest never buying anything from A&K ever again. Stick with Cayin, Shanling, and Fiio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back