Astell - Kann Cube or SP1000?
Mar 30, 2020 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

johnnylexus

500+ Head-Fier
I'm considering the Kann Cube and the SP1000. I'm not sure I really need the extra power in the Kann, but it is tempting if I ever purchase a high-end power hungry headphone. The price is basically half of the SP1000. I'm wondering if I would be sacrificing higher audio quality by choosing the Kann over the SP1000.

Eager to hear any input from you experts out there.

Cheers,
Robert

Mar 31, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm considering the Kann Cube and the SP1000. I'm not sure I really need the extra power in the Kann, but it is tempting if I ever purchase a high-end power hungry headphone. The price is basically half of the SP1000. I'm wondering if I would be sacrificing higher audio quality by choosing the Kann over the SP1000.

Eager to hear any input from you experts out there.

Cheers,
Robert

I’ve had the SP1000m and the cube at the same time and compared side by side. I’ve heard that the SP1000 is slightly better technically than the M. When comparing the M with the Cube, the M was more detailed and slightly dryer. Definitely still a musical sound but the cube seemed more musical with a slightly less detailed, muscular sound compared to the M. I would go for the SP1000 personally if you can get them around the same price and you don’t need the extra ooomph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back