ART DI/O and Sugden Headmaster
Jun 21, 2002 at 5:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zzz

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone use[s|d] this combo? Does DI/O (unmodded and without attenuators in the output/ICs) overload the amp or not?

I'm waiting for both to arrive sometime within next couple of weeks, want to be prepared
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2002 at 10:15 AM Post #2 of 5
I use this combination. At the volume levels I listen to music at (about 9 oclock on the volume knob) there is no problem. Any higher, I don't know for sure, but I don't think there would be any problem.

Jun 21, 2002 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 5
zzz
Man if my (explitive) Sugden ever (explitive) arrives, I'll sure let you know.

Jun 22, 2002 at 3:17 PM Post #5 of 5
zzz
I'm told it'll be another week/week and a half before the distributor gets them from Sugden. I assume that regardless of where anyone ordered them we'll probably be getting them drop shipped from the distributor. So yeah, it should be on about the same day and my experience probably won't help you much--sorry.

Generally, though, the unmodified and unattenated ART only seems to have problems with "amps that have processing before the volume" as Hirsch said. So the Sugden *should* be fine. I just received my modified unit back from Bolder Cable so I should be fine anyway. And my intent is to use the DAC *mostly* with my Corda anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back