"Art-Cables" hi-end hand made cables Thread
Feb 19, 2019 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

danielgregori

New Head-Fier
Hello to all! I also want to share my story. I love good sound and good techniqueI and have been looking for a really good cable for a long time (my system now is sony mdr z1r + A&K SP1000) and I met a man who makes hand-made cables from 113-core copper and varnishes every core (he lives in Russia, his site is here Art-Cables ). I wrote to him by email and discussed the details and connectors.
I listened a lot of cables, but it is really one of the best or even the best for me, even when compared with cables for $ 1000 and higher.
For myself, I find this cable is just great, and for this price as invaluable. He manually makes every cable, this is his hobby and he exhibited his cables at exhibitions in Russia and in New York.
I changed my cable with 3.5 connector. The sound has become completely different - detailed, the bass is clearer, the scene is deeper (not wider, but deeper), the feeling is like listening to other headphones (especially on rock, which is explained by the 3.5 input itself). Even those songs that sounded very flat took shape. I am 100% satisfied. Now I want to replace the cable with 2.5 connector and then compare them to each other in different genres.
The forum has no threads with these cables, so I created this one. I will write to this topic, maybe it will be interesting to someone

574E613F-1199-4A7A-B9F0-ABEC96B0671D.jpeg E7CBF285-8964-4414-9284-C009A62F83D9.jpeg D4A80730-1960-4863-8498-2F0D63D55700.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #2 of 6
Why not balance connector.
I have tried SP1000 with Z1r but totally depressed with stock cable :3

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #3 of 6
Why not balance connector.
I have tried SP1000 with Z1r but totally depressed with stock cable :3
Yes, the stock cable sounds like a synthesizer =)) I decided to start with an unbalanced cable, because all the balance cables that I listened sounded too separate in terms of sounding instruments, and in heavy genres none of them lacked density and pressure. The master who makes the cables warned me that his 2.5 cable would sound very good, but I still decided to start with 3.5 :beyersmile: (besides, it can be connected not only to AK). The cable cost me only $ 200, and for that kind of money I decided not to save

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #4 of 6
Yes, the stock cable sounds like a synthesizer =)) I decided to start with an unbalanced cable, because all the balance cables that I listened sounded too separate in terms of sounding instruments, and in heavy genres none of them lacked density and pressure. The master who makes the cables warned me that his 2.5 cable would sound very good, but I still decided to start with 3.5 :beyersmile: (besides, it can be connected not only to AK). The cable cost me only $ 200, and for that kind of money I decided not to save
Amaizing price but for this price i wonder about the quality. :3 :)) the stock cable sound treble has been cut off 2/3 sustain time :))
I have create some cable using silvergold cable and 200$ can only cover the wire and connector part. The cooper is more cheaper :3 maybe

Feb 21, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #5 of 6
Amaizing price but for this price i wonder about the quality. :3 :)) the stock cable sound treble has been cut off 2/3 sustain time :))
I have create some cable using silvergold cable and 200$ can only cover the wire and connector part. The cooper is more cheaper :3 maybe

Yes, I was also worried about the quality, but it turned out to be very cool. Therefore, I created this topic =)) Perhaps someone is looking for just such a sound - with a deeper stage, velvety and light emphasis on low frequencies. For the price of copper is cheaper than silver, that's for sure. Connectors could be chosen, I chose according to the recommendation of the master Oyaide P-3.5G (Japan)

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 6
I know Sergey (Art-Cables creator) and his cables. I have Art-Cables interconnects for my Meridian and headphone cable (RLS-24) for my TH-900mk2. My experience is very positive. These cables may not look impressive, like cables from bigger brands, but the sound quality is outstanding.

IMG_0697 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back