Are you interested in attending a Chicago meet in May?
Feb 19, 2005 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nismo96

500+ Head-Fier
BHD812 and I will be hosting a meet in the Chicago area. We're jonesing really, it's been only three weeks since Billy got to see you all, and almost a year for me. I guess we're just gluttons for punishment.
wink.gif
The target date is May 14th and the planned location will be Billy's folk's bar. It's the same location we met at last year. At this point we're trying to get a guage on who's interested in attending. Please let us know if you'd like to attend, and when in May might be good for you.

Feb 20, 2005 at 10:56 AM Post #2 of 10
May 14th would be the latest I'd be able to do a Chicago meet before I move back to Maryland, and May 7th is booked because of the Kentucky Derby (yea, so I love the ponies, sue me). So the 14th sounds ideal to me.

Feb 20, 2005 at 1:31 PM Post #3 of 10
well the rents have said we can have the place anytime we want, so its w/e you boys decide really..

the pizza place is willing to give free pizzas again, but we might have something else to..like some other kind of food you you want...
to me I dont care what it is as long as its free..hehe

I have 6-10 actual starbucks employee's that would be willing to do it, I will have to first decide if I wanna pay one of them to do it again and then decide who's the cutest of the bunch...couch I mean most talented...lol j/k

this year I have a better idea of what it will take to host the meet, so it wont be as pricey as the last one.
for example I had 5lbs of espresso beans last year, we only used a pound and a half..this year I am walking in with 2lbs at most..
thats a 3lb saving rite there..lol

nismo and I teaming up should be lots of fun, who knows what two twisted minds can come up with. we already have the basic meeting place set, free food, and ok gear now...so the hard part is done, all we have to do is throw a teaspoon of posh in and alittle panache and we should be set.

Feb 20, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #4 of 10
Billy & Ben,

Count me in, unless my wife (and unborn son) decide to go into labor. We're due end of May. Go figure!

Regards - reynman

Feb 21, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 10
Hey guys, it looks like I'll be heading to Chicago on one of the last two weekends in May. I've promised Minnisota my first road trip (since I missed the right day on the "World of Headphones Tour") and I thought it would be fun to haul some stuff on to Chicago while I was at it. But, I am at the beck and call of the folks in Minnisota, so I have to wait until Old Pa sets the date.

Sorry if I'm interupting here, too. I'm sure we could stand a couple of meets at almost the same time. I just wanted you guys to know I am interested in coming out.

Feb 21, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #6 of 10
Rey, if anything we can bring the meet to the delivery room for soem "live action"..j/k
I wish you,your wife, and your future son the best.
two things, tell Jasper I said "hi" and keep us updated.

Tyll, thank you so much for the reply itself, if anything we can hang out in the jacuzzi with some high-priced gear and talk about bmw's..hehe

Feb 26, 2005 at 1:56 PM Post #10 of 10
I might be in if it was on the 23rd. I can't attend the Minnesota meet on the 22nd because I'd be on vacation but I'll be driving through Chicago on the 23rd and I might be able to convince my family to stop there for a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back