Are there ever any central/north Florida meets??
Nov 9, 2006 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
Just kinda curious, as drivin to Miami or anything really past Flagler or Palm coast is kinda far for me (from Jacksonville). Are there any head-fiers that meet up in central or NE florida????

Nov 9, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn
Just kinda curious, as drivin to Miami or anything really past Flagler or Palm coast is kinda far for me (from Jacksonville). Are there any head-fiers that meet up in central or NE florida????

We had a couple of Tampa meets. Its no more than a 5 hour drive to where the 12/2 meet is being held. This one will be worth the drive.

Nov 9, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Send a PM to solbergg. He recently moved to Jacksonville from Miami Beach. Maybe the two of you can car pool!
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 13
Hmm...sounds good, carpool...haven't done that in forever.
tongue.gif

Eitherway, Tampa is about the farthest I would be willing to drive, but if the 12/2 meet is really worth it...it's a heavy consideration. 5 hours on a motorcycle although fun, it's the other 5 hours back being tired that doesn't sound very enticing....

Nov 10, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Hmm...sounds good, carpool...haven't done that in forever.
tongue.gif

Eitherway, Tampa is about the farthest I would be willing to drive, but if the 12/2 meet is really worth it...it's a heavy consideration. 5 hours on a motorcycle although fun, it's the other 5 hours back being tired that doesn't sound very enticing....

Check out the meet thread. It is 18 pages long, here is where it starts: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203284. Ray Samuels (RSA), Tyll Hertsens (Headroom), Mikhail (Singlepower) will be at the meet. You won't have many opportunities to meet the three of them in one place.

Nov 10, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 13
Well, sounds like I'm going to be there then
icon10.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

icon10.gif

I should add, that is a long way on a motorcycle. I will add you to the list.

Nov 10, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

icon10.gif

That's the spirit!

fwiw, we did meet in Leesburg (Orlando area) once, but normally alternate Miami/Ft Lauderdale - Tampa on what seems to be about a 6 month frequency.

Also fwiw, the boys in Georgia are planning a meet in January, and that may be closer for you.

Look forward to meeting you on the 2nd.

Nov 20, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out the meet thread. It is 18 pages long, here is where it starts: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203284. Ray Samuels (RSA), Tyll Hertsens (Headroom), Mikhail (Singlepower) will be at the meet. You won't have many opportunities to meet the three of them in one place.

Damn...I'm still gonna be studying for my medical boards.
frown.gif
I live in Jacksonville too (Orange Park actually)...so I won't have the time to drive down and go.

Dec 8, 2006 at 12:58 PM Post #11 of 13
Lets make a NE FLorida meet
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #12 of 13
I missed the South FL meet and would be in favor of a Central FL meet. Orlando is the perfect place with many attractions (and distractions) and a hotel near just about anything you can think of doing. I'm anxious to hear some of the high-end setups out there that everyone here talks about. I looked at the South FL thread and envied all those that got to experience such setups.

Dec 11, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #13 of 13
No doubt. An Orlando meet would be easily doable for me.....Daytona would be even better. It's on 95....and come on...it's Daytona!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back