Are the Sennheiser 419s better with a portable amp?
Oct 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

techbeast34

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm pretty new here, but anyways, I was wondering if the Sennheiser HD 419s would be better with an amp? I am looking at buying them along with a Fiio E5 or E6 amp, but I was wondering if it was worth the extra money for the amp or it would be a waste of money. I listen to mostly Progressive House/Electronic music like Approaching Nirvana, and I listen to a bit of Metal, Punk Rock, and Alternative (A7X, Green Day, Coldplay respectively). I currently own Sony MDR-ZX100s and wanted to know if they are better/worse than the 419s. Would the HD 419s be better with an amp and good for my tastes in music? My budget is about $35 for headphones. Any help is appreciated.

Oct 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 2
yes! yes! yes! imho everyone should have an amp.i have several and they are addicting-just like headphones.there are very few headphones that dont sound better w/ an amp.of course if your source has one built in like a mac book pro-thats a different story.i seriously doubt you will ever regret buying an amp.if you can swing another 20 or so usd i would get the e11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back