AQVOX AQ-SWITCH-8 and AQ-SWITCH-SE
Mar 7, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #16 of 24
Thanks for your answer!

Actually I’m quite confused by all the stuff we need to get a clean digital connection. And how to choose what to buy.

I have two choices. One is connecting via USB. The other is via Ethernet. I have both in my Simaudio Moon 280D. I thought that Ethernet was the way to go because USB seamed tricky to get a jitterfree signal. But now I don’t now which is the best.
You have one hell of a DAC/Network Player and in my experience Ethernet helps a lot in providing a cleaner signal to the DAC in general.
The addition of an AQ-SWITCH will guarantee complete galvanic isolation and a certain degree of cleaning which should manifest in the form of a darker background, less harshness, improved bass and better detail and transient reproduction. Provided of course you have a sufficiently revealing network player and DAC which is your case.
Next step would be to upgrade the power section (mains filters, upgraded power chords, better power supplies). It really never ends...

My strongest suggestion is to try by yourself both Ethernet and usb solutions and judge with your ears. It’s the only guaranteed path to satisfaction.
When trying the networked solution try to move the PC away from the HiFi which is always a good idea.

Have fun and enjoy the music!

Mar 10, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #17 of 24
Thanks again!

I found a used ver.1 for sale and made the jump. In the purchase there is two Ethernet cables included: One 0.75 m Audioquest Vodka and one 0.75 m Audioquest Diamond. I probably would not buy these cables if they wasn’t included in the package. I probably had tried Aqvox one cables because they are much cheaper.

I will probably receive the switch on Monday. I’m already thinking abut upgrade the switch to SE. But want to evaluate first.

The best to you!

Mar 10, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #18 of 24
Thanks again!

I found a used ver.1 for sale and made the jump. In the purchase there is two Ethernet cables included: One 0.75 m Audioquest Vodka and one 0.75 m Audioquest Diamond. I probably would not buy these cables if they wasn’t included in the package. I probably had tried Aqvox one cables because they are much cheaper.

I will probably receive the switch on Monday. I’m already thinking abut upgrade the switch to SE. But want to evaluate first.

The best to you!
Well done, that's a good strategy. Don't expect a night and day change, we are talking fine tuning here.
Chose a few songs you know well and for the A/B comparison focus on some passages with micro details or rich bass for example.
After you heard the difference on the passages, switch back to hearing the whole song and other songs with that in mind. It will guide you in understanding if the switch is worth the price for you!

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #19 of 24
Thanks again!

The best to you!

Hi, I'm new on this forum, but very interested in the topic. I also use a Simaudio Moon 280D DSD dac with the Mind module insite. In my search to get an optimal sound I found out that the digital circuit (over ethernet) is not simple to configure (even if I thought it was). Using better ethernet cables (Audioquest Vodka) helped and moving all equipment (NAS, streamer and dac) and connect it to one and the same switch (Cisco SG 100D-08) helped a lot. I'm also using a lineair psu to the switch. But still the sound is a little bit (a very little bit) harsh.

So I'm interested in the results of the test of Heartsmart with the aqvox switch (standard and or SE version) and would appreciate your evaluation. By the way doraymon thanks for your helpfull views on this switch.

Thanks.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #21 of 24
May 4, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #22 of 24
@doraymon ... I'm surprised !
Why is that?
My excellent opinion on the SE hasn't changed and if I still had a network based setup I wouldn't do without!
The thing is I bought a Chord Dave which I'm feeding optical straight from my laptop so the network player, usb conditioner and the switch became redundant.
Considering what I spent for the Dave my bank account is still bleeding and I had no option but to sell what was not strictly necessary!

May 5, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #23 of 24
@doraymon ... Ah, I see ... good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back