Apple IEM
Dec 23, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #16 of 25
New apple earphone? anyone have link for photos?

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #17 of 25
IEM = yes Apple's dual driver.

I am complaining about the raffling and crackling 'mechanical noise' that accompanies the bass note. Not the bass per se. Anyone heard those noise? I suspect it's caused by mechanical integrity or assembly.

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #18 of 25
Oh, I have to report that Apple IEM microphone works well with Nuforce Icon Mobile over Skype. However, the other party (whom I called - International) said that (during the same connection) comparing with NE-7M, the Apple's mic sounded more honky, thinner-body, and appear from a distant. NE-7M microphone was clearer and better in fidelity.

Dec 24, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess this is actually fairly common, particularly with IEMs. Take a look at the Westone 3 threads for instance. Some can't stand them and some believe they're the ultimate and can be downright in-your-face about it. Actually, it's not just IEMs. I remember the same disparity among SA5K reviewers.

Personally, I still think the ADDIEM is a fine 'phone for the price. Swapping between it and the W3 reinforces that opinion. The W3 certainly doesn't sound fives times better. I have no plans to part with mine.

I agree. Comparing to the SCL4 the SCL4 is better but not 3x better as the $250 retial price would indicate.

Dec 24, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by busyx2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEM = yes Apple's dual driver.

I am complaining about the raffling and crackling 'mechanical noise' that accompanies the bass note. Not the bass per se. Anyone heard those noise? I suspect it's caused by mechanical integrity or assembly.

May be you have a bad one get it exchanged and see if that still persists.

Dec 24, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by busyx2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I have to report that Apple IEM microphone works well with Nuforce Icon Mobile over Skype. However, the other party (whom I called - International) said that (during the same connection) comparing with NE-7M, the Apple's mic sounded more honky, thinner-body, and appear from a distant. NE-7M microphone was clearer and better in fidelity.

This could just be Skype service interruptions. Maybe try a few more times at random intervals to check for consistency.

Dec 24, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyPenFly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This could just be Skype service interruptions. Maybe try a few more times at random intervals to check for consistency.

Tested N/A/N/A in the same call, consistent audio signature reported. FYI, YMMV.
wink.gif

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyPenFly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think this could well be the case. I recorded a note on my Nano 4g as a mic test and the playback sounded fine to me.

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
funny. i just got it. addiem refers to the apple dual driver innear ear monitor. i had always thought myself clever but i guess i was wrong.

Coined by oarnura I might add.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back