Apple Education Discount
Nov 15, 2012 at 3:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

crayonhead

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know if buying through a school or university has any perks compared to buying it straight from the store? This is considering if I were to buy it tomorrow, not at the beginning or end of the year.

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #2 of 5
if you tell them your a student I'm pretty sure you get the same discount as if you buy through a school? my sister just bought her macbook pro and got like a 150$ discount or something

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 5
When I looked at the student discounts it was only $50 off a new mac only, but you could get a refurbished one and save $250 so I don't see the point in the student discount.  As for buying one you might have to show your student ID in the store but online you just say what school you go to and they give you the discount.  I know at my school they have a computer store on campus that sells macs and PCs at the discounted price for students.

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #4 of 5
There are different times of the year where the student discount will actually be worth using. I remember they were giving out free ipod touches and some other stuff with the purchase of an apple laptop. I think they are giving printers and $100 itunes gift card.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #5 of 5
Does anyone know if buying through a school or university has any perks compared to buying it straight from the store? This is considering if I were to buy it tomorrow, not at the beginning or end of the year.

Sometimes individual schools negotiate better prices for students than Apple offer on their education store Web site. For example, when I was attending UCF, I was able to save more money by purchasing iWork at the campus computer store instead of from Apple's education store site. Most times the prices will be the same, but it's a good idea to check on a case by case basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back