Apple Dongle Woes
Nov 26, 2023 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

firesgt911

Head-Fier
Just a little rant.

My apple dongle does not power my Moondrop Kato very well. I am pretty close to maxed out on volume and far from blowing out my ear drums.

I ordered a Moondrop Dawn Pro for $40, being the newbie that I am, and it does not work through the dongle. Apparently I need an apple photo dongle for that. Lame…

I have a FiiO K9 en route, so I will likely take the Dawn to work to use off my desktop.

IMG_0173.jpeg

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 12
To get full power you have to use a player like Neutron, Hilby, or USBplayerpro that can bypass the android stack. Then you'll get the full power levels like when it's on an Apple phone. I have one and it's like night and day with the right player. Neutron has a free demo so you can try it to hear the difference.

Nov 26, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #4 of 12
I should have mentioned, I have an iPhone 14 Pro.
I've got a Kato and Apple 3.5mm USB adapter. I don't know much about apple phones though. Maybe try Neutron, it's got USB player settings in there and it's a limited time trial but you can try it free to see if that brings it up to full power. That adapter powers them well when plugged into the computer with Windows and USBplayer pro on a Moto G Power. They need some power but not that demanding. Maybe in phone settings for sound or power might need changing?

Nov 26, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 12
Nov 26, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #6 of 12
Nov 26, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #7 of 12
Something is messed up with your iPhone if it can’t easily power the Kato. You should be well below half volume.

Nov 26, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #8 of 12
I've got a Kato and Apple 3.5mm USB adapter. I don't know much about apple phones though. Maybe try Neutron, it's got USB player settings in there and it's a limited time trial but you can try it free to see if that brings it up to full power. That adapter powers them well when plugged into the computer with Windows and USBplayer pro on a Moto G Power. They need some power but not that demanding. Maybe in phone settings for sound or power might need changing?
I will definitely look into Neutron! Thanks.

Nov 26, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #10 of 12
That was my first thought. It’s fairly new, and I haven’t noticed any other issues though. I even thought I may have somehow acquire a dongle from across the pond.
I’ve never gone anywhere close to even half volume with the apple dongle & any of my earphones or headphones. I have iPhone 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back