Anything going on in Texas
Apr 25, 2003 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TWIFOSP

Headphoneus Supremus
Any fellow head-fi'ers got anything going on in Texas?

I'd love to host something, but I'm afraid my apartment doesn't have the space.

Dallas, Houston, Austin people speak up!

Apr 27, 2003 at 5:00 AM Post #3 of 10
im currently in hot springs ,arkansas - if im still here by that time - i might make it .
dallas is around 5 hour drive from here.
and i could also go by plane if it is cheap.

May 7, 2003 at 6:38 PM Post #5 of 10
i live in the dallas area and would like to go to a meet in a week or two.. i can't host one... but i am getting the music series 2's this week... or however long it takes to ship them... and would like to try them out with an amp... tangent says it'll take six weeks before he can make mine. it'll be and all out meta 42 but with only the el 2001's cus that's the only sane choice for 12x aa batteries. but ya'll may try out my ms-2's as well.. and i would like to compare them to the sr-325's.

May 7, 2003 at 10:17 PM Post #6 of 10
I don't have much to offer in terms of gear to try out, but will be building some of the DIY designs on headwize. I'm pretty new to headphones (just bought my first Grado's a few weeks ago) and want to try out various cans before purchasing my next ones this summer.

I'm in Austin, TX, with a small apartment but will travel to a meeting.

May 8, 2003 at 6:11 PM Post #7 of 10
oh... please try to make the meet of a sunday or week day... saturdays are my biggest mowing days ($100 or more) and i really need to make up for this stuff i'm buying. man... i'll have my ms2's as soon as alessandro can ship them.

May 20, 2003 at 10:03 PM Post #8 of 10
i have my ms2's now... has anyone ever thought of having a DIY amp building meet? i really would like to attend one... i learn better from seeing than from reading truthfully

May 21, 2003 at 1:56 AM Post #9 of 10
I'm working on tweaking my Meta42. I finished the main circuit yesterday, listened to it at work today, and am building the crossfeed tonight. I highly recommend it, the sound quality is excellent for the money, and its dead simple to build. Maybe I should make a similar Jung multiloop design using surface mount components and build-in a linkwitz for a more portable amp. Similar to the Mint, but hopefully about the same size through SM components.

After that I'm going to take it up to one of the EE labs and check for inaudible ringing, etc and make some more adjustments with an oscilloscope.

I'll probably build a Gilmore in early June after I finish some stuff around here.

So, it looks like I'll be in line for new phones (considering SRx25, MS1, MS2) before long.

May 21, 2003 at 7:51 PM Post #10 of 10
when is there gonna be a meet? i really want to try out my ms2's with several amps.. i've finally just settled on a MINT amp from tigger to hold me over till i build my own... still can't decide what to build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back