Anyone using Sony Wireless Gold? What are your thoughts?
Jul 14, 2014 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

insomniac123

New Head-Fier
Anyone on here using the Sony wireless golds? I'm looking at getting a new set of cans for my PS4, Mad Lusts guide is fantastic and I had my mind set on the beyerdynamics DT770's, but I keep getting back to the same issue - using a mic at the same time is a lot of hassle setting up. Requires amps, separate mics etc and you end up with a load of wires. Sitting on the sofa I can just see the dog either chewing the wires or tripping over them!

Jokes aside, the question is do the beyerdynamics bring enough to the party to out shine the Gold's, considering the Golds are wire free, built in mic etc. I'm willing to lose some audio quality as I know it won't beat the Beyers, but if the sound out of the Gold is is just flat, lifeless and dull, I may just go for the wired solution and have cables everywhere. Have to consider the price too - by the time I buy the byers, the amp, the mic, the 3.5mm extension cable (my sofa is quite far back), it will come to like £250, which is a lot! I can get the Golds for £75.

The other option is that I just stick with my Shure SE215's, get a zalman mic and a y splitter and bang it all through the DS4 controller. Stick with that for a little while and hope that Sony update the software to allow just a mic through the DS4, and have all output come through my Pioneer A/V. 

Appreciate any input or alternatives guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back