anyone try the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro?
Aug 28, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 3
Has anyone tried the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro for FPS gaming? How does it compare to the DT 770-80?

Exponentionally! Very comfortable and incredibly isolating. Soundstage and depth are superb, as are all Beyerdynamics I've worked with/sell, but they nowhere near compare to the level given to you from the DT770's; Which are actually some of the highest rated gaming headphones you can find. From my personal experience I can also back this up. A very close second would be the Sennheiser Momentums. Difference would come into tastes of music 'cause the soundstage to me is very simular, though I believe the Beyers are cleaner, in terms of depth I may have to tip my hat to the Momentums. Though I prefer the clean and smoothness of the Beyers, the Gunshots and movement are much more prevelent on the Sennheisers. So to your origional question yes the customs are wonderful, but if you're willing to pay a little more for the 770 model I'd highly employ you to do so. Also if you can go way up on the pocket you can purchase a Beyers gaming headphone which is just a modified DT770 called the MMX-300 (the manufaktur version is the exact same but allows you customizable options AND is cheaper). Hope this helps.

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 3
Only with music unfortunately. They were at a friend house and spent some time with the portable rig listening music (setting 3). Overall a good experience. 

May need to try them for a weekend on games and report back. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back