Anyone still use their Sansa Clip plus regularly after all these years?
Apr 13, 2020 at 9:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SptsNaz

1000+ Head-Fier
To date i'm still shocked how good this little player sounds... warm, detailed (without being excessively so) and rolled off in all of the right ways (zero fatigue). Not only does this player sound better than any other portable I've ever heard but it's also been more pleasant to listen to then some standalone DAC's I've owned over the years. I have an LG V30 that sounds great but while being more detailed than the Clip it isn't as immersive and is a bit cold by comparison. Additionally, this little thing sounds great outputting to an external amp (I believe it has a true line out if the volume is maxed out). About a year ago when a hurricane was headed to FL I was sheltered in my house with some time to kill. Out of curiosity I connected the Clip+ to my amp at the time (Auralic Taurus MKII) just for the heck of it and ultimately ended up having one of the most memorable listening sessions I can remember.

It's a shame these things are super flimsy, but the two I own are still kicking despite all of their warts.

Just goes to show that you don't need to spend a ton in this hobby to get something that can bring you years of listening pleasure.

Apr 13, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 4
Good old reliable. Both of my daughters still use them with triplefi 10. All purchased by me in 2010 when I was still in the iem world. All still working flawlessly.
:beerchug:

Another great thing about it is that you can pop in a large capacity micro SD card (which are dirt cheap now) and carry your entire music catalog on it. Same thing can't be said about many mp3 players of the same generation (most notably any apple product)

Apr 13, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #4 of 4
Another great thing about it is that you can pop in a large capacity micro SD card (which are dirt cheap now) and carry your entire music catalog on it. Same thing can't be said about many mp3 players of the same generation (most notably any apple product)

I do just this and use it for work with earbuds...have hundreds of albums on it.
The wife and I also use it with our Sony portable speaker out on the porch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back