Anyone know where to go tune cassette deck in Toronto?
Jul 17, 2003 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

krayzie

500+ Head-Fier
I just got a Harman Kardon HK400XM deck from eBay but the previous owner had all these weird adjustments (even the playback motor had the wrong speed) with all the pots inside the deck that it took me 2 days to properly tune it for my Sony Super Metal Master tapes (wow these need so much bias that I even had to put the Dolby HX pot - yeah the old one with the mandatory Dolby B NR - to max in order for it to sound correct or else without HX I can't get as high of a bias current to even hear the highs... weird)... Anywayz, now I know why my SMMs sounded so dull with 2 previous decks already compare to the CD source... Now I have the new deck sounding even more wide than the CD... But that's another story...

Does anyone know where I can find a dealer that knows how to tune a cassette deck for an inexpensive price around Toronto? I hate rendering my fine bias knob useless rather I mean my deck useless other than the tape I've tuned for... I want my freedom of adjustment from the front panel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back